Monday, June 7, 2010

One of My Favorite Places

One of my favorite places is Fairfax Corner. In the warmer months our family will sometimes walk there from our house (about a mile) and get some Ben & Jerry's Ice cream.

Fairfax Corner is a town center complete with residential space, shops, an awesome movie theatre, restaurants, coffee shop and a fountain that is not only a piece of art but is designed for kids to play in. And did I mention the Ben & Jerry's?

I love Fairfax Corner because it's where worlds collide. Everyone from every walk of life is there, from kids to teenagers, to young adult and on up to older folks. On top of that, people from every place in the world are there.

I'm usually there at least twice a week. On Mondays I drop the kids off at school and then walk the dog over to FC. It's sort of a magical time because there's no one there at 9:00am. It's just workers getting ready for the crowd. Kind of like being on the beach early in the morning. It's a great way to start the week.

I'm also there on Thursdays. I don't work in the office on Thursdays; too many distractions for my ADD mind. So I work at Fairfax Corner, getting ready for Sunday and future messages and series. It's a great office.

One of the things that always comes to my mind when I'm there is how it would be a great place for a church. There's already a crowd. Great places to eat after worship. And what better place for a modern worship service than a movie theatre? Just a thought.

No comments: