Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Things To Come

Really excited about some of the things that are coming up at FCBC and on the home front. Here's a few that really get me going:

-Our small group is cranking back up after the summer slump. I love small group.

-We're launching two new small groups. Can't wait to see what happens there.

-Two months away from Operation Christmas Child. OCC is one of my favorite things our church does all year.

-Andrew and I are dong the Marine Corp Marathon One-Miler in Oct. He's already started training. He's never done a running event in his life. Should be great learning for both of us.

-We're starting to work on a church campaign that we will do in the New Year. It's based on the book "Dangerous Surrender" by Kay Warren. One of our small groups will be test running it in Dec. I think it's going to be an amazing time in our church.

-Our youth team met last night at my house. They are an amazing group of people and it's exciting to see some of the things they are working on. Some of the things they are working on seem pretty risky and God-sized to me. Can't wait to see how our youth lead our church this coming year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been keeping up with your blogs but decided to read through some of them tonight. Reading this one, I realized that one of the biggest things I miss about FCBC ( and realize is missing from my church here) is the leap of faith of the members and the leaders to tackle God sized tasks. And the awesome wonder when you see them happen....

God bless you guys!