Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of School


I always loved the first day of school when I was a kid. I didn't sleep much the night before from the excitement. One of the great things about being a parent is getting to have a similar experience with my kids.

Andrew was really excited today, which was an answer to prayer considering how bummed out he was about his class at open house. Abbey had not really grasped the reality of going to the "big kid school" and being one of those big kids. When we walked through the doors, with the crowd and chaos, reality set in.

She did really well but she held my hand very tightly, which for those who don't know her, she's very independent and usually doesn't want to hold my hand at all.

As I was walking home I was praying for both of them and that God would protect them and allow them to have great days. As I walked and prayed it occurred to me to thank God for allowing us to live in such a great place as N. VA. and to have the benefits of some of the best schools in the country. I also asked God to help us not take that for granted and to help all of our family to use what He has given us for his glory.

No comments: