Thursday, August 28, 2008

Back to School

We took the kids to their school's open house today. Since I'm the one who will be taking them to school on the first day I wanted to go today to get a read on where they were with their new classes, especially since Abbey is starting Kindergarten this year.

Here's my take on where they are:

Abbey has been really excited about starting school this year. She still is, but today I notice she was a little quiet. I think she starting to get a little nervous and maybe even a little overwhelmed with it all.

Last night we walked up to the school to see their class asignment. Andrew hoped to be in the same class as his friend Samuel but it didn't happen. He also hoped to not get the "strict" teacher. And he was happy that Emma was not in his class.

When we got to open house today he discovered that Samuel still was not in his class, that he did have the "strict" teacher and that not only was Emma in his class but that she was sitting next to him.

I'm so glad God gave him one of those "happy-go-lucky" personalities. He's great at just rolling with the punches.

I'm sure they both will have great years, love their teacher, make new friends, and be used by God along the way. At least that's how the last four years have gone. But if you have some extra time next Tuesday, say about 8:50am, say a little prayer for all of us.

No comments: