Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mission Trips, Shoeboxes and My Son

I love mission trips.  I think every follower of Christ should go on at least one mission trip.  They are unique windows to our world that have the power to change our heart for the Kingdom of God.  I've been a part of so many mission trips that I've lost count.  But everyone of them have shaped my worldview, enlarged my heart for other people and have given me a better perspective on what I have and how God wants me to use what He's entrusted to me.

I love shoeboxes.  Not the kind with shoes in them, the kind with toys, school supplies and candy in them.  The ones that have Operation Christmas Child written all over them.  I've seen OCC, a ministry of Samaritan's Purse, do amazing things in our church through the years and in people's lives.  It's also doing incredible things around the world as it points people to Christ.

And I love my son.  Since the first time I laid eyes on him and held him we've had an incredible bond.  We are similar in our personalities, likes and dislikes and we share the same struggle of not being able to focus when we need to (ie. ADD.)

So it's no wonder that a week spent with MY SON on a MISSION TRIP handing out Operation Christmas Child SHOEBOXES would rank as one of the best experiences of my life.  Simply put it was an incredible experience and I'm so thankful that he and I were able to share it together.

No comments: