Sunday, January 1, 2012

Reading Plan

One of the things I struggle with is consistency in reading scripture through reading plans. I read scripture all the time but I've never had a lot of success with organized reading plans. So I'm always looking for new tools to help me read more intentionally.

I came across a great tool that I'm trying this year. You might want to check it out too. It's called YouVersion. The folks at YouVersion have created a lot of different reading plans and give you access to nearly every translation every written. They track your progress, send you reminders and help you catch up when you get behind.

This year I'm doing the Project 3:45 plan. It has you read one chapter, five days a week from the New Testament. I like the idea of reading less and being able to focus on the text more than trying to read the entire Bible in one year. I also like the idea of having the weekend to catch up when I get behind - I tend to have enough pressure without adding more.

I can access YouVersion online, on my iPhone and they will even Email me each day's reading. I can even take notes and share what I'm reading through social networks.

Awesome too! Check it out.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Thanks, I needed something to motivate me..