Monday, January 5, 2009

Worship Experience

As a pastor, it's great to be able to worship where, as the song goes, "nobody knows your name." I had the chance to do that this weekend while on vacation. We were still in the Fairfax area so we went over to Fairfax Community Church's Saturday night service. I loved the 5pm Sat. service.

Rod Stafford is a great speaker. It was the first time I had heard him or met him. Got a chance to talk with him for a little while after the service. When I mentioned where I pastored he said "you guys have a lot going on over there and are making some great changes aren't you?" Turns out his good friend Kevin Ford who runs the church consulting firm our church is working with had been talking with him about our church and some of the things we are doing. I hope to get with Rod in the future, I'm sure I can learn a lot from him and his success.

No comments: