Monday, January 5, 2009

2009 Off to a Great Start

2009 is off to a great start. Had an awesome time this past week spending time with my parents and my family. I've already seen three movies this year, which is probably my total count for last year. I recommend Bedtime Stories. It was hilarious. The Spirit was OK but nothing spectacular (I was actually going to see Grand Torino but it was sold out.)

Andrew got the new Monopoly game. I felt really old playing it. The game no longer uses play money. Rather it uses an electronic banker and each player has a credit card with a $15 million line of credit. You can even pause the game an come back days later.

Looking forward to 2009 and all that it will bring.

2 comments:

BethO said...

Monopoly isn't monopoly without lots of paper money to lose! What will kids use to buy pretend food when they play restaurant or grocery store with their friends!? (Probably credit cards...)

David said...

I felt the same way when we started our first game. I must admit I liked it after I got into it. I'm kindof a neat freak so having everything on a credit card as opposed to a bunch of money appealed to me.

The thing I did not like was all the names are changed on the properties. No more Boardwalk and Park Place.

Oh well, it's a brave new world.