Thursday, June 14, 2012

10 Things You May Not Know About Senior Pastors

I have several people that I consider mentors in my life.  Some of them I know very well and in person, others I only know through their books, speaking and blog posts.  Ron Edmondson is one of those people.  I've never met him in person but have corresponded through Email with him a few times.  His blog is one of the few that I follow daily and his wisdom has helped me tremendously.

Today he wrote about "10 Things You May Not Know About Senior Pastors."  As someone who has been both an associate and senior pastor I have either witnessed or experienced most of the things on his list.   I've known and even worked with senior pastors who have dealt with all ten of the things Ron describes.

Looking at Ron's list I realize how blessed I am to serve and lead such a healthy church.  Our church is also blessed with a great staff that is mature and healthy and supports, encourages, and prays for each other.  And I'm so fortunate to have a wife who understands the dynamics of leading a church and supports and encourages me every step of the way.

Here's a link to Ron's post.  May it remind you to pray for and encourage your senior pastor.

No comments: