Thursday, December 10, 2009

Primal

Just started reading Mark Batterson's new book Primal today. I was one of several people chosen to preview it early and write a review on my blog. I'm loving this for two reasons.

One, it's great to get something new before anyone else does. I have a friend who used to manage a movie theater in our area. On several occasions I got to be a part of a mid-night showing the day before the movie released. Getting an advanced copy of Primal feels a little like that. Although he did just give out copies to EVERYONE in his church this past Sunday. That's probably about 1000 people.

The second, and more important reason I am loving this is because I know Mark personally. I met him a couple of years ago but got to spend some time with him this past Summer in a small group. He's the real deal and his books aways reflect that.

I hope to have the book finished by the end of next week and a review posted by Dec. 22. I can't wait to see what God does through this book.

No comments: