Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Open Source Leadership

I love studying leadership models. I'm working on a sermon series for the Fall that I'm calling Open Source Leadership. If you don't know what "open source" means, look it up on Wikipedia.

I'm reading three, what I hope will be, great books on the subject of leadership:
  • How the Mighty Fall by Jim Collins. Jim serves as a teacher to leaders in the corporate and social sectors. The book is the result of tons of research on major companies like Circuit City, Bank of America, Motorola and Ames, and how they went from being at the top of their game to being in decline or shutting down.
  • The Future of Management by Gary Hamel. Gary takes a look at some of the most innovative companies and their management styles including Google.
  • Courageous Leadership by Bill Hybels. Hybels is the Lead Pastor of Willow Creek Church outside of Chicago. I had a chance to hear him speak two weeks ago and was impressed with his passion for helping others be better leaders.

Found this video on the WashingtonPost: On Leadership: Evan Wittenberg, Director of Google Leadership Development

No comments: