Thursday, June 25, 2009

How Do You Define Success?

I joined a six week small group for dads for the Summer. It's down at National Community Church in DC. Their Lead Pastor, Mark Batterson is leading the group. Mark is someone who has a lot of wisdom for someone in their 30's. I've followed his blog for about a year and a half and read both his books. It's great to have the opportunity to spend six weeks getting to know him and some other dads.

So here's the question we left with last night: "How do you define success as a parent." I've actually thought about that question for over ten years. I have my own definition of success that I've continued to refine since my son was born. I'd be interested in what others think success as a parent looks like.

BTW, you don't need to be a parent to respond.

No comments: