Friday, April 3, 2009

Is Customer Service Back?

I heard a financial guy a few months ago say that the companies that make it through the recession will be the ones who reinvent and retrain their employees in customer service. I was excited about that because for years now it seems, at least where I live, that customer service has been lacking.

This past week I was in Home Depot and it seemed like there was someone standing at the end of every other isle asking me if I needed any help. And then when I was ordering my latte at Starbucks on Monday, they actually had my drink ready BEFORE I had even paid for it.

Maybe it's back. We can all hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had the exact same experience the other day at Lowe's. I truly hope the face of customer service is changing back to what it use to be.