Thursday, May 22, 2008

PD Summit 2008 - Day 3

This is the final day of the gathering. It's been a truly spectacular experience. Right now I'm sitting next to a guy from Time Magazine who is here covering the conference and blogging it. You can bet I'll corner him before the day is over and see what he thinks of it all.

Later today Rick is going to explain the P.E.A.C.E. Plan and how that has been working.

One of the things I do when I'm at events like this is, rather than try to grab everything that is said, I always as God to clearly show me the two to three things He wants me to take away from it all. I'll gotten the first two, an idea for small groups and an idea about how to take our global and local influence to the next level. God is good.

Brian and I are both preparing ourselves to be blown away by Rick's challenge to join the PEACE Plan.

More later...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey David! I just got the latest FCBC Update and just think that you guys are starting some really cool programs or activities - specifically the Family Devotion thing and getting together to bike the C&O Canal. Didn't realize you had started a blog and forgot that you had headed out to CA. How totally COOL that must be for you and Brian!! Did God reveal your 2 or 3 things? And, I have to ask - what was Rick Warren like in person? :) Hope you had/have a safe trip back.

David said...

Kathleen - Thanks for checking out the blog. I am really excited about Family Time Devotions. We just had two groups finish up a study using Barna's book "Revolutionary Parenting." This new ministry is putting what we learned in to practice.

I'd be happy to have the material sent to you to check out and use in with your family. It would be a great ministry for you to start in your church. It's a pretty simple process.

Unknown said...

I'd love for you to send me the information. The girls and I have been reading through their Bible (a Children's Bible that breaks it down in to stories) but I'd love to have a more formal guide. The church relationship here is still pretty awkward but it wouldn't hurt for me to show it to them.
Thanks!

Still want to know what Rick Warren was like in real life and did you find your "third" thing :)

David said...

Kathleen

I found Rick to be one of the most humble people I've ever met. He told us his true desire was to quietly work at Saddleback and to support local pastors around the country and then as he said "that book blew my cover."

I did find my third thing. I've been following the PEACE Plan since its inception (about 4 years ago) and have been praying about FCBC role in it. What I was looking for was a way to introduce it to our church on a "lets begin to talk about this" level.

I will be doing that tomorrow in our worship service. At Saddleback, Brian and I were introduced to a Pastor named Straton. I'm going to introduce FCBC to him tomorrow through video. I'll post a link.