Thursday, February 14, 2008

Hindsight

I love hindsight. I love to look back and see what things have become and remeber what they used to be like. But I also love to dream. To dream about the possibilities of what could be ahead.
I think a lot of times though, we either have our eye on the dream (the future) or are looking into the past wishing for the 'good ole days' and we miss the here and now and we miss the fact that life is really lived in the present.

So this week I've been trying to remind myself that while God has done some great things in my life and in our church, and while He promises to do even greater things in the future, He's actually at work right now. That's amazing when you think about it.

I wonder what Hypothermial Relief Week is going to look like in hindsight? What will it look like after this weekend when we have 50 students at our youth lock in? What will be some of the God-directed outcomes of our strategic planning? What is God doing in my sons life when he stands with me in the voting booth and pushes the buttons? To know that God is working in these and so many more things, right now, makes the present a great place to be.

1 comment:

Julia said...

I think that hindsight is one of the best things about faith. This is especially true when the answer has been no. When you are going through things or you are looking at what you should do, sometimes it just doesn't seem to go the direction that you think that it should go. That is when hindsight comes in. You can look back and see why it was a bad direction, poor timing, or the worst possible thing that you could have done. That is when faith gets its biggest boost. God knows what, when, where and how. You have to go by faith to get there.