Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What I'm Reading

Sometimes I get asked what books I'm reading right now.  Currently I'm reading three books.  One for personal growth, one for professional growth and one for organizational (our church) growth.  One note, I usually like to read in groups where what I am reading can be discussed.  It's the whole "iron sharpens iron" thing.  Here's the list:
  • Crazy Love by Francis Chan - It's a great book for anyone who wants to explore a relationship with Christ or grow in the one they have.  Our small group is currently going through this together each Friday night.
  • Soup:  A Recipe to Nourish Your Team and Culture by Jon Gordon - This is a great book for anyone who is a leader in their organization, whether it's as a supervisor at work, the owner of a business, or in a church or other volunteer organization.  Jon works with Fortune 500 companies, professional and college sports team, hospitals, schools, universities and non-profits.   I'm reading this book with a group of 10 other pastors in a coaching network.
  • Think Orange and The Orange Leader Handbook by Reggie Joiner - I'm reading both of these together because one introduces the concepts and the other is a handbook designed to lead a team through a process of incorporating the concepts.  I highly recommend them to anyone who serves in children or student ministries in a local church.  I'm currently reading Think Orange with two of our staff and plan on leading a team through the handbook after the first of the year.

No comments: