Saturday, October 30, 2010

Operation Narnia

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Threader is set to be released Dec. 10.  I love the The Chronicles of Narnia.  My entire family loves them.  But something I love even more, is Operation Christmas Child.

OCC is a project of Samaritan's Purse that takes shoeboxes filled with toys, candy, clothes and school supplies to vulnerable children around the world.  The boxes are distributed through local churches.  And along with these small gifts, the children learn that not only do other people in the world love and care about them but so does God.  It's an amazing thing to be a part of.

So why do I mention The Chronicles of Narnia?  Here's why.  This year the creators of Narnia and Samaritan's Purse have teamed up to help get 8 million boxes to children who don't have anything.  Anyone who knows me, knows that I love partnerships.  I love when people and groups come together to tackle a big problem.  I think this partnership is just really cool.

Check it out at this link.  Go see Narnia on Dec. 10.  And pack some shoeboxes and drop them off at a collection center near you.

No comments: